Welcome to Nana Wiki
Nana (ナナ) is a manga series written and illustrated by Ai Yazawa. The manga was one of Cookie 's first and most popular series published in the magazine. After the author's sudden illness in 2009, the series was put on hold with eighty-four chapters.
The series is published by Shueisha in Japan, the English translation by Viz Media. It has also spawned a popular anime, directed by Morio Asaka, a live action film with a sequel, several video games and books.
The story follows Nana Osaki and Nana Komatsu, two girls with the same name, who meet by coincidence on a train to Tokyo. At first glance, the two girls appear to be complete opposites. However, they move into Apartment 707 together, and slowly become best friends. Nana Osaki pursues breaking out into the music business with her band, the Black Stones, while Nana Komatsu just tries to make it in Tokyo. Their lives become entangled with the members of rival band, Trapnest.
The manga is popular world-wide and has garnered numerous positions. Volumes 19 and 20 of the manga were the third and fifth highest selling manga books of 2008, and volumes 1 and 2 were listed on YALSA's "2007 Great Graphic Novels for Teens" list. The first twelve volumes of the manga series have cumulatively sold over 22 million copies, and as of 2008 the series has sold over 43,600,000 copies.
How to help
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki. Everyone is free to create a new page or edit an existing one. If you have any questions about the wiki or helping out, you can ask one of Nana Wiki's administrators.
- If you are new to wikis, you may want to read the help page.
- A list of all help pages can be found in .
- If you want to help but you're not sure where to start, try improving the various articles by expanding them.
- Another helpful activity would be to check the list of wanted pages for frequently linked-to articles that don't exist yet.
- You can find a list of useful templates on .
- If you want to experiment with editing a wiki, please do it in a sandbox, not in articles.
The End is the fourth studio album of Mika Nakashima, and her only album released under "Nana starring Mika Nakashima". Two singles, "Glamorous Sky" and "Hitoiro" are found on the album. Many of the tracks from the album were featured in the Nana film and it's sequel, Nana 2.
- July - Ai Yazawa draws picture for Viz Media's 10th anniversary. Picture.
- June - new Nana magnets in Cookie. Picture.
- March - new Nana furoku included in Cookie magazine. Pictures.
- January - special new Nana images released in Cookie. Pictures.
Check these websites for more news:
Did you know?
- ...that Ai Yazawa studied fashion before becoming a manga artist?
- ...that Ai Yazawa started Nana and Paradise Kiss around the same time?
- ...that a tribute album, Love for Nana was released in 2005?
- ...that Mika Nakashima(Nana Osaki in the film) did a cover of Sid Vicious' "My Way"?